ONdigital admits it misled about launch success
UK terrestrial digital broadcaster ONdigital has been forced to admit that it misled the press about the success of the service’s launch almost two years ago.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – UK terrestrial digital broadcaster ONdigital has been forced to admit that it misled the press about the success of the service’s launch almost two years ago.
Stuart Prebble, ONdigital chief executive, made the revelations as part of the broadcaster’s defence in an employment tribunal where former director of operations John Egan is suing ONdigital for unfair dismissal.
Egan -– who left the company in September -– claimed he was entitled to £100,000 in bonuses, most of which was tied to the success of the launch almost two years ago.
Prebble, admitted yesterday that although the company had publicly claimed the launch of the service a success, it had in fact faced a range of problems, including the supply of set-top boxes and difficulties with the company’s call centre.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London