ONdigital admits it misled about launch success
UK terrestrial digital broadcaster ONdigital has been forced to admit that it misled the press about the success of the service’s launch almost two years ago.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – UK terrestrial digital broadcaster ONdigital has been forced to admit that it misled the press about the success of the service’s launch almost two years ago.
Stuart Prebble, ONdigital chief executive, made the revelations as part of the broadcaster’s defence in an employment tribunal where former director of operations John Egan is suing ONdigital for unfair dismissal.
Egan -– who left the company in September -– claimed he was entitled to £100,000 in bonuses, most of which was tied to the success of the launch almost two years ago.
Prebble, admitted yesterday that although the company had publicly claimed the launch of the service a success, it had in fact faced a range of problems, including the supply of set-top boxes and difficulties with the company’s call centre.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire