Beauty and brains websites feel the pressure
Britannica.com has cut 16% of its staff and Beautyjungle.com has shut down, victims of the latest wave of pressure facing consumer websites.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Britannica.com has cut 16% of its staff and Beautyjungle.com has shut down, victims of the latest wave of pressure facing consumer websites.
Britannica.com, the online arm of Encyclopaedia Britannica, laid off 75 of its workers in its editorial, marketing, product development, e-commerce and technology departments.
Beatyjungle.com, which sells cosmetics, made 30 staff redundant as it went into liquidation after failing to secure enough funding.
It is the latest online beauty retailer to close its doors –- the UK site Clickmango.com and Eve.com in the US met the same fate, although Eve.com’s assets are to be bought by Sephora.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London