Beauty and brains websites feel the pressure
Britannica.com has cut 16% of its staff and Beautyjungle.com has shut down, victims of the latest wave of pressure facing consumer websites.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Britannica.com has cut 16% of its staff and Beautyjungle.com has shut down, victims of the latest wave of pressure facing consumer websites.
Britannica.com, the online arm of Encyclopaedia Britannica, laid off 75 of its workers in its editorial, marketing, product development, e-commerce and technology departments.
Beatyjungle.com, which sells cosmetics, made 30 staff redundant as it went into liquidation after failing to secure enough funding.
It is the latest online beauty retailer to close its doors –- the UK site Clickmango.com and Eve.com in the US met the same fate, although Eve.com’s assets are to be bought by Sephora.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Web Designer PFJ £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Web Designer PFJ £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Product - Multi Platform Global Proposition ADLIB £Competitve, Bristol
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London