Beauty and brains websites feel the pressure
Britannica.com has cut 16% of its staff and Beautyjungle.com has shut down, victims of the latest wave of pressure facing consumer websites.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Britannica.com has cut 16% of its staff and Beautyjungle.com has shut down, victims of the latest wave of pressure facing consumer websites.
Britannica.com, the online arm of Encyclopaedia Britannica, laid off 75 of its workers in its editorial, marketing, product development, e-commerce and technology departments.
Beatyjungle.com, which sells cosmetics, made 30 staff redundant as it went into liquidation after failing to secure enough funding.
It is the latest online beauty retailer to close its doors –- the UK site Clickmango.com and Eve.com in the US met the same fate, although Eve.com’s assets are to be bought by Sephora.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham