Marketing director quits M&S financial services
Simon Rushton, the marketing director at Marks & Spencer’s financial services division, has quit with no job to go to.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Simon Rushton, the marketing director at Marks & Spencer’s financial services division, has quit with no job to go to.
Rushton is being replaced by Peter Fennell. Fennell is currently director of life savings and pensions, and will retain those responsibilities when he becomes marketing director.
A spokesman for M&S said the reshuffle was not indicative of further restructuring of the financial services board.
He added that Rushton was understood to be weighing up a number of job opportunities since his resignation last week, but could not confirm where he was going.
Rushton’s departure is the latest in a recent string of high-profile departures at M&S. Its store group’s divisional director Simon Goldstein and strategy head Phillip Selwood left as David Norgrove was promoted to head of strategy, international operations and new ventures earlier this month.
Chief executive Peter Salsbury left in September, as well as UK stores director Clara Freeman and international retail director Guy McCracken.
In June, Rushton was behind the appointment of Poulter Partners to spearhead the extension of its financial services into home and contents insurance.
The retailer was understood to have set aside a budget of up to £5m for a TV and national press campaign which would enable it to compete with rivals such as Direct Line, CGU and Norwich Union and would be the precursor of a move into general insurance.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London