Ready2Shop goes into hibernation as staff numbers are cut
Fashion website Ready2Shop.com has cut 14 more jobs and is putting the site into “hibernation” until it can find more funding.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Fashion website Ready2Shop.com has cut 14 more jobs and is putting the site into “hibernation” until it can find more funding.
The site is the latest victim of the downturn in investor confidence facing dotcoms. The cutbacks should allow the company to stay afloat until next year, when the market position should have improved, according to co-founder Trinny Woodall.
Ready2shop.com raised £5m in September last year, but efforts since the summer to raise more cash have been unsuccessful. The latest redundancies bring the number of staff laid off to 28. It laid off another 14 of its 32 staff in the summer and is now operating with a skeleton staff.
The company was set up by Woodall and her partner Susannah Constantine, both Daily Telegraph fashion writers, with a high-profile advertising campaign.
There is no advertising on the site, with the only revenue coming from a sponsorship deal with Cable & Wireless. The company has also planned to sell information it had gathered about its customers’ likes and dislikes to other fashion and cosmetic companies.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London