EMI posts profits slump
UK music group EMI, currently engaged in merger talks with German media group Bertelsmann, posted a 30% slump in first-half pre-tax profits to £59.1m from £86.5m for the same period last year.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – UK music group EMI, currently engaged in merger talks with German media group Bertelsmann, posted a 30% slump in first-half pre-tax profits to £59.1m from £86.5m for the same period last year.
EMI, which represents The Beatles and Robbie Williams, marginally beat analysts forecasts of £57.5m. Revenues increased by 5.9% to £1.14bn.
The group said that it was still reviewing the regulatory position of its failed merger attempt with Warner Music.
It admitted it had, however, approached Bertelsmann about a merger with the German media giant’s BMG music division. The discussions, the company said, could take weeks to reach an agreement.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London