Cordiant pays £23m for German marketing group
Cordiant Communications, the UK advertising and marketing group, is continuing to beef up its operations with the acquisition of German marketing and sales consultancy firm InterCom Management for £23m.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Cordiant Communications, the UK advertising and marketing group, is continuing to beef up its operations with the acquisition of German marketing and sales consultancy firm InterCom Management for £23m.
Cordiant’s 80% share in Intercom will be paid for in a £6m down payment of shares, with further payments taking the total to £23m. It is the second acquisition it has made this month. It recently acquired corporate identity and design consultancy Bamber Forsyth for an undisclosed sum.
Headquartered in Mainz, InterCom has operations in Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Prague and Barcelona. Its clients include Skoda, Seat and Unilever among others.
Michael Bungey, Cordiant chief executive, said the acquisition was important because Germany was Europe’s biggest market. “It is part of the strategy we have been pursuing for the last three years, which is to change Cordiant’s business mix by shifting it towards higher-margin, higher-growth marketing services businesses.”
Bungey also said Cordiant was in talks with Abernathy, MacGregor and Frank, a New York financial PR firm specialising in mergers and acquisitions, to add to its stable of companies, which includes advertising network Bates Worldwide.
In July, Cordiant pipped True North, which owns the FCB and Bozell networks, to the post to acquire US marketing and services firm Lighthouse for £360m, making it the 10th largest agency group in the world.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London