Cordiant pays £23m for German marketing group
Cordiant Communications, the UK advertising and marketing group, is continuing to beef up its operations with the acquisition of German marketing and sales consultancy firm InterCom Management for £23m.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Cordiant Communications, the UK advertising and marketing group, is continuing to beef up its operations with the acquisition of German marketing and sales consultancy firm InterCom Management for £23m.
Cordiant’s 80% share in Intercom will be paid for in a £6m down payment of shares, with further payments taking the total to £23m. It is the second acquisition it has made this month. It recently acquired corporate identity and design consultancy Bamber Forsyth for an undisclosed sum.
Headquartered in Mainz, InterCom has operations in Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Prague and Barcelona. Its clients include Skoda, Seat and Unilever among others.
Michael Bungey, Cordiant chief executive, said the acquisition was important because Germany was Europe’s biggest market. “It is part of the strategy we have been pursuing for the last three years, which is to change Cordiant’s business mix by shifting it towards higher-margin, higher-growth marketing services businesses.”
Bungey also said Cordiant was in talks with Abernathy, MacGregor and Frank, a New York financial PR firm specialising in mergers and acquisitions, to add to its stable of companies, which includes advertising network Bates Worldwide.
In July, Cordiant pipped True North, which owns the FCB and Bozell networks, to the post to acquire US marketing and services firm Lighthouse for £360m, making it the 10th largest agency group in the world.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London