Wap still failing to excite consumers according to poll
The take-up of Wap, the technology which brings the internet to mobile handsets, remains slow even though more than 14m UK consumers admit they are dependent on their mobile phones, according to a report by Mori.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The take-up of Wap, the technology which brings the internet to mobile handsets, remains slow even though more than 14m UK consumers admit they are dependent on their mobile phones, according to a report by Mori.
The report -- commissioned by Egg, the internet bank owned by Prudential -- found that 9m people in the UK say they will never use a PC. However, 15m are already connected to the internet at home.
The report found that 2% of the population have Wap-enabled phones while the majority of people in the UK are unclear as to what the technology actually does.
However, the internet is having a noticeable impact on day-to-day life, according to the report. A third of people now shop online and 4.5m people bank on the internet.
The report also finds that about half the adult population of the UK expects to be accessing the internet at home via PC or interactive TV by next summer.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account/Project Manager - Brand Campaigns Kate Marsh Recruitment up to £32K, East London