Radio 5 Live secures football rights
The BBC has paid £42m to hold on to the radio rights to Premier League football for the next three years.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - The BBC has paid £42m to hold on to the radio rights to Premier League football for the next three years.
BBC Radio 5 Live paid just £15m three years ago for its current football rights, and the new deal is the most expensive radio contract yet to be signed in the UK. The station will now increase its coverage from 120 to 180 matches a season.
The BBC’s closest rival in the bidding war was understood to be commercial sports station Talk Sport.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London