Radio 5 Live secures football rights
The BBC has paid £42m to hold on to the radio rights to Premier League football for the next three years.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - The BBC has paid £42m to hold on to the radio rights to Premier League football for the next three years.
BBC Radio 5 Live paid just £15m three years ago for its current football rights, and the new deal is the most expensive radio contract yet to be signed in the UK. The station will now increase its coverage from 120 to 180 matches a season.
The BBC’s closest rival in the bidding war was understood to be commercial sports station Talk Sport.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London