Radio 5 Live secures football rights
The BBC has paid £42m to hold on to the radio rights to Premier League football for the next three years.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - The BBC has paid £42m to hold on to the radio rights to Premier League football for the next three years.
BBC Radio 5 Live paid just £15m three years ago for its current football rights, and the new deal is the most expensive radio contract yet to be signed in the UK. The station will now increase its coverage from 120 to 180 matches a season.
The BBC’s closest rival in the bidding war was understood to be commercial sports station Talk Sport.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire