M&S hires Wal-Mart director to run food business
Marks & Spencer has poached a senior Wal-Mart executive Justin King to run its UK food business.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Marks & Spencer has poached a senior Wal-Mart executive Justin King to run its UK food business.
King, who was managing director of UK Hypermarkets at Wal-Mart, will take on the title of business unit director of foods, a position which has been vacant since March. He will run a sector that generates 40% of annual sales for M&S.
He is replacing Roger Whiteside, who left to join an online food company, LM Solutions.
Despite the lack of a food chief the division has been performing better than M&S’ struggling clothes arm.
M&S has also hired Michele Jobling as new business unit director of childrenwear. She was previously managing director of Liberty, but left when the company was bought by property company Marylebone Warwick Balfour.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA