Bass to change name to reflect new direction
UK brewing group Bass has said it will change its name to reflect its new business direction as a pubs and leisure chain after the sale of its brewing arm to Belgian giant Interbrew.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – UK brewing group Bass has said it will change its name to reflect its new business direction as a pubs and leisure chain after the sale of its brewing arm to Belgian giant Interbrew.
The company sold its brewing business for £2.3bn to Interbrew in August, in a bid to capitalise on its higher margin pubs and hotels, which includes the Holiday Inn, All Bar One and Crowne Plaza brands.
Chairman Ian Prosser said once the sale is complete, following a Competition Commission, the group will rebrand itself.
Operating profits from Bass’ continuing operations were up 24.8% to £776m in the year to September 30. Turnover was £3.8bn, up 22% on last year’s figure.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London