BSkyB chief in £5.95m share sell-off
BSkyB chief executive Tony Ball has sold 570,000 shares in the satellite broadcaster, earning himself £5.95m before tax.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - BSkyB chief executive Tony Ball has sold 570,000 shares in the satellite broadcaster, earning himself £5.95m before tax.
The disposals came after analysts warned that media companies’ earnings could be affected by a softening in the advertising market. The company’s chief financial officer Martin Stewart also joined the rush to sell. He sold 237,500 shares.
Yesterday, the Office of Fair Trading announced it was launching an investigation into the company after allegations from rival ONdigital that BSKyB is abusing its market dominance.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client-side PPC / SEM executive - £25K - Central London Digital Gurus £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London