BSkyB chief in £5.95m share sell-off
BSkyB chief executive Tony Ball has sold 570,000 shares in the satellite broadcaster, earning himself £5.95m before tax.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - BSkyB chief executive Tony Ball has sold 570,000 shares in the satellite broadcaster, earning himself £5.95m before tax.
The disposals came after analysts warned that media companies’ earnings could be affected by a softening in the advertising market. The company’s chief financial officer Martin Stewart also joined the rush to sell. He sold 237,500 shares.
Yesterday, the Office of Fair Trading announced it was launching an investigation into the company after allegations from rival ONdigital that BSKyB is abusing its market dominance.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London