BSkyB chief in £5.95m share sell-off
BSkyB chief executive Tony Ball has sold 570,000 shares in the satellite broadcaster, earning himself £5.95m before tax.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - BSkyB chief executive Tony Ball has sold 570,000 shares in the satellite broadcaster, earning himself £5.95m before tax.
The disposals came after analysts warned that media companies’ earnings could be affected by a softening in the advertising market. The company’s chief financial officer Martin Stewart also joined the rush to sell. He sold 237,500 shares.
Yesterday, the Office of Fair Trading announced it was launching an investigation into the company after allegations from rival ONdigital that BSKyB is abusing its market dominance.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Agency Sales Manager Digital Gurus £35000 per annum + double OTE, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Beauty Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager - online gaming account (3 weeks) Stopgap £150 per day, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection Up to £23,000 & benefits, West Midlands
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £27000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London