BSkyB chief in £5.95m share sell-off
BSkyB chief executive Tony Ball has sold 570,000 shares in the satellite broadcaster, earning himself £5.95m before tax.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - BSkyB chief executive Tony Ball has sold 570,000 shares in the satellite broadcaster, earning himself £5.95m before tax.
The disposals came after analysts warned that media companies’ earnings could be affected by a softening in the advertising market. The company’s chief financial officer Martin Stewart also joined the rush to sell. He sold 237,500 shares.
Yesterday, the Office of Fair Trading announced it was launching an investigation into the company after allegations from rival ONdigital that BSKyB is abusing its market dominance.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall