Wins in 2000 will protect Aegis from ad slow-down
Aegis Group, which owns the Carat media buying network, claims the $1.85bn in new advertising contracts won in the first 10 months of 2000 will protect it from the slowdown in advertising spending, which is forecast for next year.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Aegis Group, which owns the Carat media buying network, claims the $1.85bn in new advertising contracts won in the first 10 months of 2000 will protect it from the slowdown in advertising spending, which is forecast for next year.
Aegis’ billings for 2000 top the 1999 figure of $1.2bn, and include mainly European wins from clients such as Renault, Bertelsmann and LVMH Moet Hennessey Louis Vuitton SA. Renault, which joined the client list in September, is expected to spend $700m each year in European media.
A spokesman for Aegis said: “The group expects to continue to increase its market share in both advertising and research in all regions.”
This is despite the expected fall in advertising spending for next year due to reduced margins in many sectors.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Account Manager ADLIB £25000 - £35000 per annum, Reading