Trinity Mirror launches showbusiness site
Newspaper group Trinity Mirror is taking on the showbusiness marketplace with the launch of its news and gossip site, icshowbiz.com.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Newspaper group Trinity Mirror is taking on the showbusiness marketplace with the launch of its news and gossip site, icshowbiz.com.
The Trinity Mirror Digital site, which is aimed primarily at women aged in their teens to 40s, will feature content from the group’s 170 titles including listings, horoscopes, competitions, quizzes and reviews.
The site will compete head-to-head with recently launched Peoplenews.com, the site launched by former Tatler editor Jane Procter.
The company is launching a TV advertising campaign on Christmas Eve and is placing full-page ads and teasers in women’s consumer magazines and trade titles. David Clarke, managing director of Trinity Mirror Digital, said the adspend was confidential but amounted to “serious money”.
The 40-second TV ad, created by Grey Advertising, features four spoof showbusiness scenarios and ends with the tagline, “there’s more to showbusiness gossip than meets the eye”. In one scene, a celebrity is seen arriving at a film premiere in a glamorous low-cut dress revealing her cleavage. Using computer effects, the viewer is given X-ray vision to see that she has breast implants.
The site is the second significant online initiative after the company’s launch of ISP ic24.net. The group has committed to spending £150m on its digital strategy over the next three years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London