Trinity Mirror launches showbusiness site
Newspaper group Trinity Mirror is taking on the showbusiness marketplace with the launch of its news and gossip site, icshowbiz.com.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Newspaper group Trinity Mirror is taking on the showbusiness marketplace with the launch of its news and gossip site, icshowbiz.com.
The Trinity Mirror Digital site, which is aimed primarily at women aged in their teens to 40s, will feature content from the group’s 170 titles including listings, horoscopes, competitions, quizzes and reviews.
The site will compete head-to-head with recently launched Peoplenews.com, the site launched by former Tatler editor Jane Procter.
The company is launching a TV advertising campaign on Christmas Eve and is placing full-page ads and teasers in women’s consumer magazines and trade titles. David Clarke, managing director of Trinity Mirror Digital, said the adspend was confidential but amounted to “serious money”.
The 40-second TV ad, created by Grey Advertising, features four spoof showbusiness scenarios and ends with the tagline, “there’s more to showbusiness gossip than meets the eye”. In one scene, a celebrity is seen arriving at a film premiere in a glamorous low-cut dress revealing her cleavage. Using computer effects, the viewer is given X-ray vision to see that she has breast implants.
The site is the second significant online initiative after the company’s launch of ISP ic24.net. The group has committed to spending £150m on its digital strategy over the next three years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham