Victoria’s Secret to launch in the UK
US lingerie chain Victoria’s Secret is planning to launch a chain of stores in the UK in the first stage of a full European rollout.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – US lingerie chain Victoria’s Secret is planning to launch a chain of stores in the UK in the first stage of a full European rollout.
The company, famous for its use of catwalk models wearing its range, is thought to have considered buying The Body Shop, a move which would give it an instant 450-store presence in the UK and easy access to Europe.
The chain is also expanding its health and beauty range through the Bath & Body Works stores, the chain owned by parent company Intimate Brand. The chain has a small presence in the UK.
Some retail insiders claim Victoria’s Secret’s luxurious lingerie wares and boudoir-style stores may not be such a hit in the UK, where the underwear market is dominated by “sensible” Marks & Spencer.
Robin Burns, head of the company’s health and beauty division, agreed a cultural divide existed between US consumers and their UK counterparts, but said this could be overcome. She claimed the chain had been responsible for changing the spending habits of the US male –- half the customers at the flagship Victoria’s Secret store in Manhattan, New York, are men.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London