United Airlines to consolidate $100m account
United Airlines is to ask its two roster agencies, Fallon Worldwide and Young & Rubicam, to pitch for its consolidated $100m annual account.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – United Airlines is to ask its two roster agencies, Fallon Worldwide and Young & Rubicam, to pitch for its consolidated $100m annual account.
Fallon, owned by Publicis, handles the company’s domestic work, while WPP Group-owned Y&R deals with international work. No other agencies are being considered.
A spokesman said the airline wanted to build a long-term relationship with a single shop and communicate the United brand in a consistent way.
Billings for the winning agency could also increase if United’s acquisition of US Airways is approved by regulators. He added the final decision would be made by early 2001.
Y&R is currently battling in reviews for some other major clients, including telecoms giant Ericsson. The agency is also looking for a replacement for its former worldwide creative director, Ted Bell.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Web Analyst / Optimisation Manager EMR £52000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London