William Shatner considers parting company with Priceline
William Shatner, the former Star Trek star, is thought to have parted company with Priceline.com, the online retailer which allows consumers to name their own price for airline tickets and hotel rooms.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – William Shatner, the former Star Trek star, is thought to have parted company with Priceline.com, the online retailer which allows consumers to name their own price for airline tickets and hotel rooms.
Shatner has acted as the advertising spokesman for Priceline.com since its launch in 1998.
The actor who has made millions of dollars in stock options from the company, which launched in the UK in October, has seen the value of his remaining shares plummet from a 52-week high of $250 to a new all-time low of $2.50.
Priceline denied reports that Shatner no longer wanted to be associated with the company, and would not confirm whether he would continue to promote it.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Customer and Market Insight Officer Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + Very competitive benefits package, Guildford
- Print Buyer - Print Purchasing - High Street Brand - £25-27k Salt £25000 - £27000 per annum, London