EasyJet sues BA over Go subsidies
Fresh from its legal wrangling with Irish discount airline Ryanair, British Airways is facing a damages claim from EasyJet, the Luton-based low-cost operator.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Fresh from its legal wrangling with Irish discount airline Ryanair, British Airways is facing a damages claim from EasyJet, the Luton-based low-cost operator.
EasyJet wants compensation for the alleged subsidy to BA’s own low-cost operator, Go.
Previously EasyJet sought a court injunction to prevent a subsidy, but following BA’s announcement that it is selling Go, it says it wants compensation for what it sees as unfair competition.
Ryanair successfully defended a High Court battle with BA over claims that BA was “five times more expensive” than its smaller rival.
BA launched the court action after Ryanair ran a series of ads in national newspapers headed “expensive BA*****S”.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London