EasyJet sues BA over Go subsidies
Fresh from its legal wrangling with Irish discount airline Ryanair, British Airways is facing a damages claim from EasyJet, the Luton-based low-cost operator.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Fresh from its legal wrangling with Irish discount airline Ryanair, British Airways is facing a damages claim from EasyJet, the Luton-based low-cost operator.
EasyJet wants compensation for the alleged subsidy to BA’s own low-cost operator, Go.
Previously EasyJet sought a court injunction to prevent a subsidy, but following BA’s announcement that it is selling Go, it says it wants compensation for what it sees as unfair competition.
Ryanair successfully defended a High Court battle with BA over claims that BA was “five times more expensive” than its smaller rival.
BA launched the court action after Ryanair ran a series of ads in national newspapers headed “expensive BA*****S”.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London