EasyJet sues BA over Go subsidies
Fresh from its legal wrangling with Irish discount airline Ryanair, British Airways is facing a damages claim from EasyJet, the Luton-based low-cost operator.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Fresh from its legal wrangling with Irish discount airline Ryanair, British Airways is facing a damages claim from EasyJet, the Luton-based low-cost operator.
EasyJet wants compensation for the alleged subsidy to BA’s own low-cost operator, Go.
Previously EasyJet sought a court injunction to prevent a subsidy, but following BA’s announcement that it is selling Go, it says it wants compensation for what it sees as unfair competition.
Ryanair successfully defended a High Court battle with BA over claims that BA was “five times more expensive” than its smaller rival.
BA launched the court action after Ryanair ran a series of ads in national newspapers headed “expensive BA*****S”.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London