EasyJet sues BA over Go subsidies
Fresh from its legal wrangling with Irish discount airline Ryanair, British Airways is facing a damages claim from EasyJet, the Luton-based low-cost operator.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Fresh from its legal wrangling with Irish discount airline Ryanair, British Airways is facing a damages claim from EasyJet, the Luton-based low-cost operator.
EasyJet wants compensation for the alleged subsidy to BA’s own low-cost operator, Go.
Previously EasyJet sought a court injunction to prevent a subsidy, but following BA’s announcement that it is selling Go, it says it wants compensation for what it sees as unfair competition.
Ryanair successfully defended a High Court battle with BA over claims that BA was “five times more expensive” than its smaller rival.
BA launched the court action after Ryanair ran a series of ads in national newspapers headed “expensive BA*****S”.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire