Agency.com axes 190 jobs in cost-cutting strategy
New-media consultancy Agency.com has axed 32 jobs in the UK and an additional 158 worldwide in a global cost-cutting strategy following a fall in demand for interactive consultancy from blue-chip companies.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – New-media consultancy Agency.com has axed 32 jobs in the UK and an additional 158 worldwide in a global cost-cutting strategy following a fall in demand for interactive consultancy from blue-chip companies.
In addition to the cuts in the UK, the company’s US operation will lose 105 jobs while 53 will be cut from its European offices in Paris, Amsterdam and Copenhagen.
The company expects to recoup £12m-£16m from the restructuring.
However, Agency.com is not the only consultancy that has had to tighten its belt in recent months. In October, Razorfish cut 30 jobs as part of a “performance improvement plan”, while Icon Medialab is understood to be laying off 19 staff from its UK operation.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Manager The Great & The Good £30,000 - £35,000, South West London