Red Herring lays off 32 more staff
Red Herring Communications, publisher of Red Herring - the US internet business magazine - has laid off 32 staff, just two months after it laid off 22 employees when it combined its online and print businesses.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Red Herring Communications, publisher of Red Herring - the US internet business magazine - has laid off 32 staff, just two months after it laid off 22 employees when it combined its online and print businesses.
The cutbacks come just six weeks after the appointment of Hilary Schneider to the position of chief executive.
The cuts were made mostly in the technical services department which was acquired when the company bought Stockmaster.com seven months ago.
“The cuts are designed to focus energy on writing technology stories instead of worrying about the technology needed to keep the company website running,” Schneider said.
RedHerring.com will retain independent contractors.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London