Red Herring lays off 32 more staff
Red Herring Communications, publisher of Red Herring - the US internet business magazine - has laid off 32 staff, just two months after it laid off 22 employees when it combined its online and print businesses.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Red Herring Communications, publisher of Red Herring - the US internet business magazine - has laid off 32 staff, just two months after it laid off 22 employees when it combined its online and print businesses.
The cutbacks come just six weeks after the appointment of Hilary Schneider to the position of chief executive.
The cuts were made mostly in the technical services department which was acquired when the company bought Stockmaster.com seven months ago.
“The cuts are designed to focus energy on writing technology stories instead of worrying about the technology needed to keep the company website running,” Schneider said.
RedHerring.com will retain independent contractors.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire