Christmas gloom for eToys.com
Online retailer eToys.com is understood to be looking for a buyer after warning that its Christmas sales will be well below expectations.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Online retailer eToys.com is understood to be looking for a buyer after warning that its Christmas sales will be well below expectations.
The company, which is based in Santa Monica, California, expects its third-quarter sales to be between $120m and $130m, after forecasting between $210m to £240m.
EToys will run out of cash by March without further financing and has now asked merchant bank Goldman Sachs to explore “strategic alternatives” such as a sale, merger or restructuring.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire