Christmas gloom for eToys.com
Online retailer eToys.com is understood to be looking for a buyer after warning that its Christmas sales will be well below expectations.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Online retailer eToys.com is understood to be looking for a buyer after warning that its Christmas sales will be well below expectations.
The company, which is based in Santa Monica, California, expects its third-quarter sales to be between $120m and $130m, after forecasting between $210m to £240m.
EToys will run out of cash by March without further financing and has now asked merchant bank Goldman Sachs to explore “strategic alternatives” such as a sale, merger or restructuring.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall