Venus Williams signs record £27m deal with Reebok
Current Wimbledon and US Open champion Venus Williams has signed what is reportedly a £27m endorsement deal with sportswear manufacturer Reebok, a record figure for a female athlete.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Current Wimbledon and US Open champion Venus Williams has signed what is reportedly a £27m endorsement deal with sportswear manufacturer Reebok, a record figure for a female athlete.
The tennis player has represented the sports apparel brand in TV and print campaigns since 1995. The current deal will kick off with a TV commercial next month. Williams will also co-design a new Reebok collection that will include both tennis and urban wear, which is slated for rollout in 2002.
The deal with the tennis player comes on the heels of yesterday’s announcement that Reebok has signed a $250m deal with American football league NFL to supply it with its official merchandise.
Reebok will manufacture uniforms, practice and sideline gear for 20 teams next year and all 32 teams for the seasons from 2002 to 2010. The sportswear and apparel manufacturer will also make the national game’s authentic Pro Line merchandise for sale commercially to fans.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care, London
- Account Director Gemini Search £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe