Vodafone buys Irish mobile phone company
UK mobile phone group Vodafone has agreed to buy Eircell -– the Irish mobile phone business owned by Ireland’s national telecoms company, Eircom -– in a deal worth £2.6bn.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – UK mobile phone group Vodafone has agreed to buy Eircell -– the Irish mobile phone business owned by Ireland’s national telecoms company, Eircom -– in a deal worth £2.6bn.
The purchase, which is understood to be the biggest Irish corporate takeover to date, cannot be completed until March when Eircom shareholders will vote on the sale.
Vodafone’s share price fell 11p yesterday closing at 234p.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire