Legal blow forces Ribena marketing rethink
GlaxoSmithKline is being forced to rethink the marketing strategy behind its Ribena ToothKind soft drink brand after losing a High Court appeal case which sought to defend its tooth-friendly image.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - GlaxoSmithKline is being forced to rethink the marketing strategy behind its Ribena ToothKind soft drink brand after losing a High Court appeal case which sought to defend its tooth-friendly image.
GlaxoSmithKline challenged a ruling from the Advertising Standards Authority that said its claim that Ribena ToothKind did not encourage tooth decay was “misleading”. Mr Justice Hunt yesterday backed the ASA view and said that was only the case when it was compared with other soft drinks.
Despite this, the British Dental Association has stood by its decision to endorse Ribena ToothKind “as a drink dentists can recommend with confidence”.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London