Coke drops Becker’s wife from commercial
Coca-Cola has dropped a TV commercial featuring the ex-wife of former tennis star Boris Becker, claiming its message would be muddied by the couple’s recent acrimonious divorce proceedings.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Coca-Cola has dropped a TV commercial featuring the ex-wife of former tennis star Boris Becker, claiming its message would be muddied by the couple’s recent acrimonious divorce proceedings.
The soft drinks giant had planned a German campaign for its Coca-Cola Caffeine Free brand closely linked to the domestic world and family ties of Barbara Becker.
But an international court battle, which finally ended earlier this month when a Munich court granted a divorce, has led to Coca-Cola concluding the basis for broadcasting the ads no longer exists.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London