Coke drops Becker’s wife from commercial
Coca-Cola has dropped a TV commercial featuring the ex-wife of former tennis star Boris Becker, claiming its message would be muddied by the couple’s recent acrimonious divorce proceedings.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Coca-Cola has dropped a TV commercial featuring the ex-wife of former tennis star Boris Becker, claiming its message would be muddied by the couple’s recent acrimonious divorce proceedings.
The soft drinks giant had planned a German campaign for its Coca-Cola Caffeine Free brand closely linked to the domestic world and family ties of Barbara Becker.
But an international court battle, which finally ended earlier this month when a Munich court granted a divorce, has led to Coca-Cola concluding the basis for broadcasting the ads no longer exists.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Art Director/Head of Art Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Specialist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £33000 per annum, Coventry
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)