Priceline revamps travel service
Priceline.com has revamped its online travel service in an effort to improve its offering and has appointed a special advisor for its travel products.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Priceline.com has revamped its online travel service in an effort to improve its offering and has appointed a special advisor for its travel products.
The company, which runs a “name-your-own price” retail system, has also named Pauline Frommer, editor-in-chief of Frommers.com and contributing editor to Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel Magazine, as a special adviser.
The enhancements to the service include a faster processing system, so that when customers make a purchase offer, most will receive a response within 15 minutes.
Flight connection times have been shortened so that the maximum connection time for a domestic flight is three hours for each half of a customer’s trip. The company has also redesigned its website to include simpler ordering instructions and a shorter order form.
Last month, the company stopped running ads featuring former Star Trek hero William Shatner, who had revealed that he never used Priceline’s services. The ads were replaced by animated spots with a voice-over by Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London