Priceline revamps travel service
Priceline.com has revamped its online travel service in an effort to improve its offering and has appointed a special advisor for its travel products.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Priceline.com has revamped its online travel service in an effort to improve its offering and has appointed a special advisor for its travel products.
The company, which runs a “name-your-own price” retail system, has also named Pauline Frommer, editor-in-chief of Frommers.com and contributing editor to Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel Magazine, as a special adviser.
The enhancements to the service include a faster processing system, so that when customers make a purchase offer, most will receive a response within 15 minutes.
Flight connection times have been shortened so that the maximum connection time for a domestic flight is three hours for each half of a customer’s trip. The company has also redesigned its website to include simpler ordering instructions and a shorter order form.
Last month, the company stopped running ads featuring former Star Trek hero William Shatner, who had revealed that he never used Priceline’s services. The ads were replaced by animated spots with a voice-over by Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Consultant / Research Director PSD Group £75,000 + bonus , London
- Account Executive - Mobile / Digital Digital Gurus £18000 - £20000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- SMS (Marketing) Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum + package, South West London
- Mobile Project / Programme Manager - (Mobile Web / Mobile Apps) Digital Gurus £55000 - £75000 per annum + benefits, package, London