Deutsch scoops $100m Revlon media
US cosmetics giant Revlon has handed its $100m (£69.4m) media buying duties to Deutsch New York while splitting its $100m creative account between Deutsch and another New York agency, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - US cosmetics giant Revlon has handed its $100m (£69.4m) media buying duties to Deutsch New York while splitting its $100m creative account between Deutsch and another New York agency, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
The media account had been held by KSL Media, New York. The Interpublic Group of Companies-owned Deutsch will handle Revlon’s Almay line, worth an estimated $40m (£27.7m), while Revlon’s eponymous line -- for which Deutsch also competed -- will be handled by Kirshenbaum Bond.
Kirshenbaum Bond was awarded launch work for Revlon’s Skinlights face illuminators in December. In the same month, New York’s Laspata/DeCaro was given Revlon’s Ultima II line of products.
The review process began last November when Revlon dissolved its in-house agency Tarlow Advertising, which had handled all advertising until then.
Last month, agency finalists, including North Carolina shop McKinney & Silver, were briefed on the assignment for both the Revlon and Almay brands.
Revlon has refused to say whether a separate review will be held for the media planning business, which is currently handled in-house.
AAR Partners in New York negotiated the compensation process.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire