Deutsch scoops $100m Revlon media
US cosmetics giant Revlon has handed its $100m (£69.4m) media buying duties to Deutsch New York while splitting its $100m creative account between Deutsch and another New York agency, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - US cosmetics giant Revlon has handed its $100m (£69.4m) media buying duties to Deutsch New York while splitting its $100m creative account between Deutsch and another New York agency, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
The media account had been held by KSL Media, New York. The Interpublic Group of Companies-owned Deutsch will handle Revlon’s Almay line, worth an estimated $40m (£27.7m), while Revlon’s eponymous line -- for which Deutsch also competed -- will be handled by Kirshenbaum Bond.
Kirshenbaum Bond was awarded launch work for Revlon’s Skinlights face illuminators in December. In the same month, New York’s Laspata/DeCaro was given Revlon’s Ultima II line of products.
The review process began last November when Revlon dissolved its in-house agency Tarlow Advertising, which had handled all advertising until then.
Last month, agency finalists, including North Carolina shop McKinney & Silver, were briefed on the assignment for both the Revlon and Almay brands.
Revlon has refused to say whether a separate review will be held for the media planning business, which is currently handled in-house.
AAR Partners in New York negotiated the compensation process.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London