Deutsch scoops $100m Revlon media
US cosmetics giant Revlon has handed its $100m (£69.4m) media buying duties to Deutsch New York while splitting its $100m creative account between Deutsch and another New York agency, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - US cosmetics giant Revlon has handed its $100m (£69.4m) media buying duties to Deutsch New York while splitting its $100m creative account between Deutsch and another New York agency, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
The media account had been held by KSL Media, New York. The Interpublic Group of Companies-owned Deutsch will handle Revlon’s Almay line, worth an estimated $40m (£27.7m), while Revlon’s eponymous line -- for which Deutsch also competed -- will be handled by Kirshenbaum Bond.
Kirshenbaum Bond was awarded launch work for Revlon’s Skinlights face illuminators in December. In the same month, New York’s Laspata/DeCaro was given Revlon’s Ultima II line of products.
The review process began last November when Revlon dissolved its in-house agency Tarlow Advertising, which had handled all advertising until then.
Last month, agency finalists, including North Carolina shop McKinney & Silver, were briefed on the assignment for both the Revlon and Almay brands.
Revlon has refused to say whether a separate review will be held for the media planning business, which is currently handled in-house.
AAR Partners in New York negotiated the compensation process.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)