Deutsch scoops $100m Revlon media
US cosmetics giant Revlon has handed its $100m (£69.4m) media buying duties to Deutsch New York while splitting its $100m creative account between Deutsch and another New York agency, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - US cosmetics giant Revlon has handed its $100m (£69.4m) media buying duties to Deutsch New York while splitting its $100m creative account between Deutsch and another New York agency, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
The media account had been held by KSL Media, New York. The Interpublic Group of Companies-owned Deutsch will handle Revlon’s Almay line, worth an estimated $40m (£27.7m), while Revlon’s eponymous line -- for which Deutsch also competed -- will be handled by Kirshenbaum Bond.
Kirshenbaum Bond was awarded launch work for Revlon’s Skinlights face illuminators in December. In the same month, New York’s Laspata/DeCaro was given Revlon’s Ultima II line of products.
The review process began last November when Revlon dissolved its in-house agency Tarlow Advertising, which had handled all advertising until then.
Last month, agency finalists, including North Carolina shop McKinney & Silver, were briefed on the assignment for both the Revlon and Almay brands.
Revlon has refused to say whether a separate review will be held for the media planning business, which is currently handled in-house.
AAR Partners in New York negotiated the compensation process.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager - Digital Propel £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Senior Planner > Integrated thinker > GAME CHANGER collectivo Up to £55,000 with benefits, London
- Retail Display Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: + benefits, Lancashire
- Senior Communications Planning Manager PSD Group Up to £70,000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits, London
- Business Development Executive - Insight Agency Stonor Up to £26K basic + expected £10K , Home Counties - Bucks / Berks / Oxon