UBM reduces losses
United Business Media has reported reduced full-year losses for the 12 months in which it sold its ITV businesses and Express Newspapers.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - United Business Media has reported reduced full-year losses for the 12 months in which it sold its ITV businesses and Express Newspapers.
The sale of these and other none-core business-to-business assets fetched £3.2m during 1999. Net losses narrowed to £49.4m for 2000, compared with £61.1m in 1999, as a result of the sale and increased advertising revenues.
UBM’s professional media division, which includes its CMP Media high-tech business-to-business media offering, saw operating profits rise by 20% to £125.4m.
Its news distribution arm, which owns PR Newswire, reported operating profits of £40.7m, up from £26.1m in 1999. Its market research arm, which includes UK-based NOP, saw operating profits rise to £22.6m from £19.5m.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham