UBM reduces losses
United Business Media has reported reduced full-year losses for the 12 months in which it sold its ITV businesses and Express Newspapers.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - United Business Media has reported reduced full-year losses for the 12 months in which it sold its ITV businesses and Express Newspapers.
The sale of these and other none-core business-to-business assets fetched £3.2m during 1999. Net losses narrowed to £49.4m for 2000, compared with £61.1m in 1999, as a result of the sale and increased advertising revenues.
UBM’s professional media division, which includes its CMP Media high-tech business-to-business media offering, saw operating profits rise by 20% to £125.4m.
Its news distribution arm, which owns PR Newswire, reported operating profits of £40.7m, up from £26.1m in 1999. Its market research arm, which includes UK-based NOP, saw operating profits rise to £22.6m from £19.5m.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London