UBM reduces losses
United Business Media has reported reduced full-year losses for the 12 months in which it sold its ITV businesses and Express Newspapers.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - United Business Media has reported reduced full-year losses for the 12 months in which it sold its ITV businesses and Express Newspapers.
The sale of these and other none-core business-to-business assets fetched £3.2m during 1999. Net losses narrowed to £49.4m for 2000, compared with £61.1m in 1999, as a result of the sale and increased advertising revenues.
UBM’s professional media division, which includes its CMP Media high-tech business-to-business media offering, saw operating profits rise by 20% to £125.4m.
Its news distribution arm, which owns PR Newswire, reported operating profits of £40.7m, up from £26.1m in 1999. Its market research arm, which includes UK-based NOP, saw operating profits rise to £22.6m from £19.5m.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London