Coke considers dumping ‘Enjoy’ ad slogan
Speculation is growing that Coca-Cola is to drop its “Enjoy” advertising slogan, which was unveiled to much acclaim last year following a worldwide slump in sales.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Speculation is growing that Coca-Cola is to drop its “Enjoy” advertising slogan, which was unveiled to much acclaim last year following a worldwide slump in sales.
According to US reports, straplines such as “Life tastes good” or “The magic within” could replace the “Enjoy” tagline in a new campaign being developed by McCann-Erickson Worldwide for Coke’s flagship soft drink brand Coca-Cola Classic.
Coca-Cola Classic accounts for more than 60% of the company’s worldwide sales and last year its unit case volumes, a key measure for financial health in the soft drink industry, grew by only 4%. The “Enjoy” sign-off was part of a crucial relaunch for Coca-Cola Classic and one that has not lived up to expectations.
Arch-rival PepsiCo is currently rolling out its ads for Pepsi-Cola using the slogan “Joy of Pepsi” and the market is still waiting for a move from Coca-Cola to counter this. Last week, Coke announced it expected to invest $300m to $500m (£207.8m to £346.3m) in profits into “strategic one-time marketing” spread across 200 markets worldwide.
Coca-Cola employs a number of creative shops alongside McCanns, including Cliff Freeman & Partners and Leo Burnett.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London