Coke considers dumping ‘Enjoy’ ad slogan
Speculation is growing that Coca-Cola is to drop its “Enjoy” advertising slogan, which was unveiled to much acclaim last year following a worldwide slump in sales.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Speculation is growing that Coca-Cola is to drop its “Enjoy” advertising slogan, which was unveiled to much acclaim last year following a worldwide slump in sales.
According to US reports, straplines such as “Life tastes good” or “The magic within” could replace the “Enjoy” tagline in a new campaign being developed by McCann-Erickson Worldwide for Coke’s flagship soft drink brand Coca-Cola Classic.
Coca-Cola Classic accounts for more than 60% of the company’s worldwide sales and last year its unit case volumes, a key measure for financial health in the soft drink industry, grew by only 4%. The “Enjoy” sign-off was part of a crucial relaunch for Coca-Cola Classic and one that has not lived up to expectations.
Arch-rival PepsiCo is currently rolling out its ads for Pepsi-Cola using the slogan “Joy of Pepsi” and the market is still waiting for a move from Coca-Cola to counter this. Last week, Coke announced it expected to invest $300m to $500m (£207.8m to £346.3m) in profits into “strategic one-time marketing” spread across 200 markets worldwide.
Coca-Cola employs a number of creative shops alongside McCanns, including Cliff Freeman & Partners and Leo Burnett.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester
- Managing Partner / Client Services Director David Thatcher Recruitment £80-95k, Bristol