Dentsu to raise as much as $2bn in float
Dentsu, one of the world’s largest advertising agencies, is go public and float 15%-20% of its stock in a move which will raise between $1bn and $2bn (£0.69bn and £1.39bn).
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Dentsu, one of the world’s largest advertising agencies, is go public and float 15%-20% of its stock in a move which will raise between $1bn and $2bn (£0.69bn and £1.39bn).
The partial flotation of the Japanese agency has been expected since the B|Com3 Group in Chicago, in which Dentsu holds a 20% stake, announced its plans for an IPO. The offering is being underwritten by banks Merrill Lynch, Nomura Securities and UBS Warburg.
It comes as rivals such as the UK’s WPP Group and the US’s Omnicom Group pursue policies of aggressive overseas expansion.
Although Dentsu has annual billings of $14bn (£9.69bn), they mostly originate from within Japan. In the year ended March 31, only 5% of its consolidated billings of 1,600bn yen (£9.43bn) came from outside the country.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Web Designer / Front-End Designer / Digital Creative Guru Careers £35 - 50k DOE, Based in Angel, London (WC1)