Dentsu to raise as much as $2bn in float
Dentsu, one of the world’s largest advertising agencies, is go public and float 15%-20% of its stock in a move which will raise between $1bn and $2bn (£0.69bn and £1.39bn).
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Dentsu, one of the world’s largest advertising agencies, is go public and float 15%-20% of its stock in a move which will raise between $1bn and $2bn (£0.69bn and £1.39bn).
The partial flotation of the Japanese agency has been expected since the B|Com3 Group in Chicago, in which Dentsu holds a 20% stake, announced its plans for an IPO. The offering is being underwritten by banks Merrill Lynch, Nomura Securities and UBS Warburg.
It comes as rivals such as the UK’s WPP Group and the US’s Omnicom Group pursue policies of aggressive overseas expansion.
Although Dentsu has annual billings of $14bn (£9.69bn), they mostly originate from within Japan. In the year ended March 31, only 5% of its consolidated billings of 1,600bn yen (£9.43bn) came from outside the country.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London