United Business Media prepares for £2bn spending spree
Former ITV company United Business Media is preparing to spend up to £2bn on a number of business-to-business acquisitions, which could see it increase its market research empire globally.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Former ITV company United Business Media is preparing to spend up to £2bn on a number of business-to-business acquisitions, which could see it increase its market research empire globally.
United, which already owns the UK’s second-largest market research agency NOP, is being transformed following the disposal of its none-core business-to-business assets including its ITV franchises and Express Newspapers, which collectively fetched £3.2bn.
United plans to return £1.25bn to shareholders through a series of acquisitions rather than one large one. In addition to market research, the company plans to build its news distribution and professional media businesses.
The company denied that it was considering selling its remaining TV interests -- a 35% stake in Channel 5 and 20% in ITV news provider ITN -- in the short term.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London