United Business Media prepares for £2bn spending spree
Former ITV company United Business Media is preparing to spend up to £2bn on a number of business-to-business acquisitions, which could see it increase its market research empire globally.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Former ITV company United Business Media is preparing to spend up to £2bn on a number of business-to-business acquisitions, which could see it increase its market research empire globally.
United, which already owns the UK’s second-largest market research agency NOP, is being transformed following the disposal of its none-core business-to-business assets including its ITV franchises and Express Newspapers, which collectively fetched £3.2bn.
United plans to return £1.25bn to shareholders through a series of acquisitions rather than one large one. In addition to market research, the company plans to build its news distribution and professional media businesses.
The company denied that it was considering selling its remaining TV interests -- a 35% stake in Channel 5 and 20% in ITV news provider ITN -- in the short term.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands