Icon Medialab lays off 325 staff as losses widen
LONDON - Swedish internet consultancy Icon Medialab is axing 325 jobs and selling off assets, after revealing that its full-year losses had widened to SEK2.43bn (£170m) in 2000.
The company will sell its BrandLab assets in London, Stockholm and Berlin to FutureBrand, a subsidiary of the Interpublic Group of Companies. Interpublic is Icon Medialab’s largest shareholder.
In December, Icon Medialab said it was laying off 100 staff and, in January, chief executive Ulf Dahlsten resigned. The company expects the restructuring to reduce costs by 20% by the second quarter of 2001.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London