Icon Medialab lays off 325 staff as losses widen
LONDON - Swedish internet consultancy Icon Medialab is axing 325 jobs and selling off assets, after revealing that its full-year losses had widened to SEK2.43bn (£170m) in 2000.
The company will sell its BrandLab assets in London, Stockholm and Berlin to FutureBrand, a subsidiary of the Interpublic Group of Companies. Interpublic is Icon Medialab’s largest shareholder.
In December, Icon Medialab said it was laying off 100 staff and, in January, chief executive Ulf Dahlsten resigned. The company expects the restructuring to reduce costs by 20% by the second quarter of 2001.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham