Icon Medialab lays off 325 staff as losses widen
LONDON - Swedish internet consultancy Icon Medialab is axing 325 jobs and selling off assets, after revealing that its full-year losses had widened to SEK2.43bn (£170m) in 2000.
The company will sell its BrandLab assets in London, Stockholm and Berlin to FutureBrand, a subsidiary of the Interpublic Group of Companies. Interpublic is Icon Medialab’s largest shareholder.
In December, Icon Medialab said it was laying off 100 staff and, in January, chief executive Ulf Dahlsten resigned. The company expects the restructuring to reduce costs by 20% by the second quarter of 2001.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London