Havas considers name change
French advertising group Havas Advertising is considering a change of name, according to French newspaper Les Echos.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - French advertising group Havas Advertising is considering a change of name, according to French newspaper Les Echos.
Havas licenses the name from media group Vivendi Universal and has, in the past, considered buying the full rights to the name.
However, according to the report, Vivendi Universal boss Jean-Marie Messier regards the Havas brand as “intermediary” and has confirmed plans to sell off a residual 10% stake in Havas, believed to be worth €416m (£262.17m).
Havas chief executive Alain De Pouzilhac hit back, saying he thinks the Havas name may be too weak a name for the world’s fourth-largest advertising group.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London