Havas considers name change
French advertising group Havas Advertising is considering a change of name, according to French newspaper Les Echos.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - French advertising group Havas Advertising is considering a change of name, according to French newspaper Les Echos.
Havas licenses the name from media group Vivendi Universal and has, in the past, considered buying the full rights to the name.
However, according to the report, Vivendi Universal boss Jean-Marie Messier regards the Havas brand as “intermediary” and has confirmed plans to sell off a residual 10% stake in Havas, believed to be worth €416m (£262.17m).
Havas chief executive Alain De Pouzilhac hit back, saying he thinks the Havas name may be too weak a name for the world’s fourth-largest advertising group.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London