Walt Disney and Wenner form joint venture
Walt Disney has signed an agreement with Rolling Stone publisher Wenner Media to create a new publishing company that will see the media giant take a 50% stake in popular culture magazine US Weekly.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Walt Disney has signed an agreement with Rolling Stone publisher Wenner Media to create a new publishing company that will see the media giant take a 50% stake in popular culture magazine US Weekly.
The new company, US Weekly LLC, gives the magazine access to content from Disney’s film and entertainment businesses.
As part of the deal, the magazine will work closely with the online and broadcasting arms of Disney-owned US TV network ABC.
Among other activities, ABC will develop annual US Weekly entertainment awards. The TV network will also broadcast segments featuring US Weekly reporters in a number of TV shows.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London