Coca-Cola in drinks pact with Disney
Coca-Cola has teamed up with Walt Disney in its second major alliance in weeks to promote its non-carbonated soft drinks.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Coca-Cola has teamed up with Walt Disney in its second major alliance in weeks to promote its non-carbonated soft drinks.
Historically, the two have worked together to promote the Coke brand, but this time it is Minute Maid juices that stands to benefit. Disney characters such as Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh will feature on the packaging of the jointly branded drinks, which will be rolled-out internationally next year. The deal is estimated to earn $200m (£138.4m) in revenues over four years.
Last week, Coke announced a $4bn (£2.77bn) joint venture with Procter & Gamble to market its juice drinks. It also hopes to use P&G’s research and development resources to improve the Minute Maid products, but the deal has since been criticised by Wall Street for compromising Coke’s juice brands.
The moves come as Coke is embroiled in a battle with arch-rival Pepsi-Co for control of the non-carbonated drinks sector. That sector’s growth is fast outstripping that of the companies’ core soft drinks market and last year grew by 9.6% in the US alone.
Coke is under pressure from shareholders to grow at a rate of 7%-8% and is targeting consumers at every stage of their lives -- with bottled water and juices as well as its carbonated soft drinks -- as part of its growth strategy.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London