Havas to buy US agency in $25m deal
French advertising group Havas Advertising is expected to confirm its purchase of US advertising agency McKinney & Silver this week in a deal believed be worth $20-$25m (£13.84m-£17.31m).
LONDON (Brand Republic) - French advertising group Havas Advertising is expected to confirm its purchase of US advertising agency McKinney & Silver this week in a deal believed be worth $20-$25m (£13.84m-£17.31m).
McKinney & Silver is owned by US internet services group marchFIRST and based in Raleigh, Northern Carolina. Founded 30 years ago, it is expected that McKinney will remain a separate entity under the Havas umbrella. The agency reported revenues last year of $26m (£18m).
The agency includes Audi of America, Bacardi USA and Ben & Jerry’s among its clients.
marchFIRST’s need for cash may mean the agency is sold for less than the expected amount, which was widely held to be a fair market value based on its revenues for last year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager - Leading Entertainment Company f1 Recruitment £40,000, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - Leading experience design agency. Zebra People £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London