Leo Burnett targeted by anti-tobacco protesters
The Chicago office of Leo Burnett is the target of anti-tobacco protesters demanding the end of its promotion of Philip Morris tobacco and the demise of the Marlboro Man, which the agency created over 40 years ago.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The Chicago office of Leo Burnett is the target of anti-tobacco protesters demanding the end of its promotion of Philip Morris tobacco and the demise of the Marlboro Man, which the agency created over 40 years ago.
Church and community leaders have teamed up with charities to accuse Leo Burnett of using aggressive tactics like the Marlboro Man to target the youth market. They are also presenting the agency with a petition from consumers who have vowed to boycott products from Kraft General Foods, Philip Morris’s food division.
“While pressuring Philip Morris directly through the Kraft Boycott, we’re also exposing and challenging Leo Burnett as an important accomplice to the tobacco giant,” one church leader said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London