Leo Burnett targeted by anti-tobacco protesters
The Chicago office of Leo Burnett is the target of anti-tobacco protesters demanding the end of its promotion of Philip Morris tobacco and the demise of the Marlboro Man, which the agency created over 40 years ago.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The Chicago office of Leo Burnett is the target of anti-tobacco protesters demanding the end of its promotion of Philip Morris tobacco and the demise of the Marlboro Man, which the agency created over 40 years ago.
Church and community leaders have teamed up with charities to accuse Leo Burnett of using aggressive tactics like the Marlboro Man to target the youth market. They are also presenting the agency with a petition from consumers who have vowed to boycott products from Kraft General Foods, Philip Morris’s food division.
“While pressuring Philip Morris directly through the Kraft Boycott, we’re also exposing and challenging Leo Burnett as an important accomplice to the tobacco giant,” one church leader said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire