Leo Burnett targeted by anti-tobacco protesters
The Chicago office of Leo Burnett is the target of anti-tobacco protesters demanding the end of its promotion of Philip Morris tobacco and the demise of the Marlboro Man, which the agency created over 40 years ago.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – The Chicago office of Leo Burnett is the target of anti-tobacco protesters demanding the end of its promotion of Philip Morris tobacco and the demise of the Marlboro Man, which the agency created over 40 years ago.
Church and community leaders have teamed up with charities to accuse Leo Burnett of using aggressive tactics like the Marlboro Man to target the youth market. They are also presenting the agency with a petition from consumers who have vowed to boycott products from Kraft General Foods, Philip Morris’s food division.
“While pressuring Philip Morris directly through the Kraft Boycott, we’re also exposing and challenging Leo Burnett as an important accomplice to the tobacco giant,” one church leader said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London