Coca-Cola snaps up election billboards
Coca-Cola, which launched its $400m (£277.93m) global advertising campaign for its flagship soft drink brand this weekend, has snapped up advertising billboards across the UK previously reserved for the general election, now moved from May to June.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Coca-Cola, which launched its $400m (£277.93m) global advertising campaign for its flagship soft drink brand this weekend, has snapped up advertising billboards across the UK previously reserved for the general election, now moved from May to June.
Posters will go on display this week, using the famous red and white logo and the new tagline “Life tastes good” which also features in the television ads.
The 10-week campaign will be Coca-Cola’s biggest drive in the UK for a decade and, so the company claims, is the largest outdoor advertising campaign of any product in any sector this year. Combined with the television ads, it represents a £30m marketing push for the UK, a 40% increase on the same period last year.
The worldwide advertising campaign was created by 14 offices of McCann-Erickson Worldwide. The company hopes to increase sales of its soft drinks after disappointing global sales for 2000 forced it to reduce its long-term volume growth target last week from 7%-8% to 5%-6% a year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- EMEA Mobile Agency Manager (Mobile Ad Technology) Digital Gurus £45000 per annum + 90,000 OTE, London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London