Coca-Cola snaps up election billboards
Coca-Cola, which launched its $400m (£277.93m) global advertising campaign for its flagship soft drink brand this weekend, has snapped up advertising billboards across the UK previously reserved for the general election, now moved from May to June.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Coca-Cola, which launched its $400m (£277.93m) global advertising campaign for its flagship soft drink brand this weekend, has snapped up advertising billboards across the UK previously reserved for the general election, now moved from May to June.
Posters will go on display this week, using the famous red and white logo and the new tagline “Life tastes good” which also features in the television ads.
The 10-week campaign will be Coca-Cola’s biggest drive in the UK for a decade and, so the company claims, is the largest outdoor advertising campaign of any product in any sector this year. Combined with the television ads, it represents a £30m marketing push for the UK, a 40% increase on the same period last year.
The worldwide advertising campaign was created by 14 offices of McCann-Erickson Worldwide. The company hopes to increase sales of its soft drinks after disappointing global sales for 2000 forced it to reduce its long-term volume growth target last week from 7%-8% to 5%-6% a year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Lead Digital Designer - London - £50,000 - £60,000 Red Sofa London £50000 - £60000 per annum, London