WH Smith in talks to buy Octopus
LONDON - WH Smith is considering buying the publisher and TV production company Octopus Group for a reported £90m.
The retailer has held talks with Octopus, which was owned by Reed until 1998 when it was the subject of a £33m management buyout. The MBO was supported by venture capital firm Kleinwort Benson Development Capital, which at the time said it would stay with the company for three for years.
WH Smith has been looking for acquisitions to add to its Hodder Headline publishing arm for some time. Octopus, which publishes The Joy of Sex, is also understood to have held talks with US private investment firm Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London