Yellow M Edinburgh to break away in management buyout
LONDON - Yellow M, the advertising agency that became prominent after being appointed by the Conservatives to its disastrous election advertising, is planning a management buyout.
The management buyout will see the Edinburgh office break away from the parent office in Newcastle. The management buyout team is being led by managing director Ian Wright, who is working with senior staff, including creative directors David Isaac and Kevin Bird, and head of account management Jill Taylor.
Wright is currently on holiday and no one at the agency was available for comment. However, the split from Newcastle, run by founder and owner Mike Dethick, is thought to be amicable. It is uncertain whether or not it will retain the Yellow M name after the split.
There has been speculation that the buyout will be worth around £1m, based on earnings last year of £9.3m, according to Scottish financial daily Business a.m. However, the earnings figure included a project fee for the Conservatives' general election advertising -- a relationship that was terminated as soon as the election was decided.
Its work for the Conservatives earned it two "Turkey of the week" awards from Campaign magazine. Other clients of Yellow M include the Scottish Executive, Dunfermline Building Society, Burn Stewart Distillers and Scottish Enterprise.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London