Yellow M Edinburgh to break away in management buyout
LONDON - Yellow M, the advertising agency that became prominent after being appointed by the Conservatives to its disastrous election advertising, is planning a management buyout.
The management buyout will see the Edinburgh office break away from the parent office in Newcastle. The management buyout team is being led by managing director Ian Wright, who is working with senior staff, including creative directors David Isaac and Kevin Bird, and head of account management Jill Taylor.
Wright is currently on holiday and no one at the agency was available for comment. However, the split from Newcastle, run by founder and owner Mike Dethick, is thought to be amicable. It is uncertain whether or not it will retain the Yellow M name after the split.
There has been speculation that the buyout will be worth around £1m, based on earnings last year of £9.3m, according to Scottish financial daily Business a.m. However, the earnings figure included a project fee for the Conservatives' general election advertising -- a relationship that was terminated as soon as the election was decided.
Its work for the Conservatives earned it two "Turkey of the week" awards from Campaign magazine. Other clients of Yellow M include the Scottish Executive, Dunfermline Building Society, Burn Stewart Distillers and Scottish Enterprise.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London