Yellow M Edinburgh to break away in management buyout
LONDON - Yellow M, the advertising agency that became prominent after being appointed by the Conservatives to its disastrous election advertising, is planning a management buyout.
The management buyout will see the Edinburgh office break away from the parent office in Newcastle. The management buyout team is being led by managing director Ian Wright, who is working with senior staff, including creative directors David Isaac and Kevin Bird, and head of account management Jill Taylor.
Wright is currently on holiday and no one at the agency was available for comment. However, the split from Newcastle, run by founder and owner Mike Dethick, is thought to be amicable. It is uncertain whether or not it will retain the Yellow M name after the split.
There has been speculation that the buyout will be worth around £1m, based on earnings last year of £9.3m, according to Scottish financial daily Business a.m. However, the earnings figure included a project fee for the Conservatives' general election advertising -- a relationship that was terminated as soon as the election was decided.
Its work for the Conservatives earned it two "Turkey of the week" awards from Campaign magazine. Other clients of Yellow M include the Scottish Executive, Dunfermline Building Society, Burn Stewart Distillers and Scottish Enterprise.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...