Guinness drinkers will wait for faster pint
LONDON - Good things come to those who wait, and it appears that Guinness drinkers will have to keep on waiting, as the brewer has denied reports that new technology is on the way that will cut the pouring time to as little as 15 seconds.
Although the technology is in the development stage, Guinness has made no plans to develop it any further.
A spokeswoman said: "We are always looking into ideas. The innovations team are working with the idea, but there are not even plans to test it yet."
However, the new technology could help increase Guinness's share in the flagging beer market. It would no longer take one minute 59 seconds to "pull the perfect pint" -- a very attractive prospect for thirsty drinkers.
The possibility of a faster pint comes as Guinness launches its new TV advertising campaign. It depicts a hurling player stepping up to take the most important shot of his life.
The commercial, which debuted in the UK and Ireland last Saturday, is part of the new "believe" theme. It replaces the previous "live life" campaign.
Hurling is considered the fastest game on land and the new campaign is a deliberate departure from the "waiting" theme, which will tie in neatly with the new pump technology, if and when it is available
Guinness sales are sliding, however the brand's owner, Diageo is showing strong growth thanks largely to its spirits and ready-to-drink products. Turnover in its premium drinks division was up 10% to £4.5bn at the end of last year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London