Pearson considers the sale of FT Business
LONDON - Publishing giant Pearson has confirmed it has been approached by a number of parties interested acquiring FT Business, its UK specialist financial publishing house.
FT Business publishes a number of magazines covering a range of financial subjects. Titles include Investors Chronicle, Financial Adviser, The Banker, Investment Adviser and Pensions Week.
Luke Swanson, Pearson's head of corporate communications, said: "The offers have been coming in over the last few weeks. We are hoping to sell the business, but obviously the offer must be right."
The international media group has appointed Lazard to advise it on its next move. The value of the business or the parties interested in acquiring it have not been disclosed.
Last year Pearson completed a programme that saw the company selling off its non-financial titles, concluding with the sale of FT Energy to Platts in September.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Group Account Director Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, Central London