Lachlan Murdoch edges up the
News Corp pole
LONDON - Lachlan Murdoch, son of Rupert and deputy CEO of News Corporation, has been elected to the board of Fox Entertainment Group following the resignation of former Sky Global chief and Fox director Chase Carey.
Carey resigned in January after News Corp pulled out of negotiations to buy DirecTV, leaving the way clear for EchoStar to acquire its larger US pay-TV rival.
Carey's departure was seen as the biggest management upheaval at News Corp in five years. As Rupert Murdoch's number three, Carey was seen to have overshadowed Murdoch's sons Lachlan and James.
Lachlan joined the board of News Corp in 1996 and took overall responsibility for the company's publishing interests in 1997. He was promoted to post of deputy CEO of News Corp in October 2000.
Earlier this month it was reported that he had started to oversee News Corp's 33 TV stations in the Fox Television Stations group.
However, Lachlan still has some way to go before he steps into his father's shoes at the helm of the company. Murdoch Snr has appointed Peter Chernin as the next chief executive should anything happen to him.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Cultural Insights Consultant Trace £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Project Manager - Award Winning Integrated Agency - £45K + Bens + Annual Bonus Story Recruitment up to £45K + annual bonus + great benefits, London
- Digital Video Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + +50% + bens, London