MP3.com Europe select ad2-one for UK media sales
LONDON - MP3.com Europe has appointed ad2-one, the digital sales and marketing company with clients including Disney, Vizzavi and Easyjet, to secure advertising for its UK site, uk.MP3.com.
The ad sales agency is owned by the Button Communications Group and Vivendi Universal, which also own MP3.com Europe. It will be providing the free music portal with banners, content delivery and email marketing opportunities.
Whether or not advertisers will be queuing up to take advantage of these offers is debatable. uk.MP3.com is currently ranking 66 in Hitwise's list of the most popular music websites in the UK. The UK portal attracted a mere 0.2% of the total visits made to music sites by UK surfers last week.
This compares poorly with its US parent company MP3.com, which came fourth in the same category. So while users of uk.MP3.com may benefit from access to Europe's largest music databases, music fans in the UK are evidently more attracted by the MP3.com US database.
However, MP3.com Europe is soon to be launching new initiatives to attract more UK users.
Leanne Sharman, vice-president marketing and commercial of MP3.com Europe, said: "We're excited by the fact that ad2-one will be representing us in the UK. We believe that they understand the value of MP3.com Europe for advertisers today."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Communications Manager Insurance Sector Network Career Consultants £40000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Head of Visual Merchandising - Luxury Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + car allowance + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 per annum, London