Marketers favour smaller advertising agencies
LONDON - More than 35% of marketers who spend $5m (£3.5m) or more on advertising believe medium-sized agencies create the best work, compared with only 9% favouring larger agencies, according to new research.
Some 482 advertisers were questioned as part of the Harris 2001 Advertising Agency Reputation Study. Effective creative scored the most in the top five attributes used to evaluate a potential agency at 73%, followed by understanding client's business at 62%. Being careful with money was cited by 56% of respondents, while responsiveness was named by 51%, followed by creative flair at 47%.
The use of performance-based compensation remained unchanged since 1998 with only 27% of those surveyed saying they used it. The figure for the use of search consultants also remained the same at 10%.
However, the use of search consultants by clients to conduct reviews has soared dramatically. It has risen from only 26% in 1998 to 56% in 2001.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London