Former Shandwick director pays £6m for MacLaurin
The Hatch Group, a PR start-up company set up by former Shandwick director, Michael Murphy, has bought MacLaurin Communications for more than £6m.
It is understood that MacLaurin founder, Brian MacLaurin, has pocketed about £5m from the sale of the agency. The firm's five other directors will share the remaining £1m between them.
The Hatch Group has received £20m in funding from the Bank of Scotland and private equity firm, Bridgepoint Capital. Murphy, who left Shandwick after its founder Lord Chadlington resigned, is Hatch's group's chief executive, and MacLaurin will be managing director.
Murphy wants Hatch Group to join the UK top 10 and the top 15 European PR agencies within three years.
MacLaurin. which specialises in technology and media and entertainment, includes Disney, BT Cellnet, Associated New Media, Emap Elan, ATOC and the Miller Group in Scotland among its clients. The company will continue to trade under its own name.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London