UK online adspend up 28% in 2001
LONDON - Online advertising grew 28% in 2001 to £1.2m, boosted by a 59% increase in financial services advertising, according to the latest report by Forrester Research.
Advertising by financial services companies accounted for 25% of the market. The second-largest online advertising spender was the consumer goods sector, which increased its spend by 11%, while media and entertainment advertising grew 17%.
The increase in online advertising is in stark contrast to the overall UK advertising market, which fell 3.4% as the media downturn severely hit adspend in the second half of last year.
The research shows that online advertising was boosted by a particularly strong first half, which saw online advertising grow an average of 52%. This figure fell to just 15% in August and declined by 6% in November.
The research predicts an increase in online advertising from the automotive sector and the consumer packaged goods sector in 2002.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London