UK online adspend up 28% in 2001
LONDON - Online advertising grew 28% in 2001 to £1.2m, boosted by a 59% increase in financial services advertising, according to the latest report by Forrester Research.
Advertising by financial services companies accounted for 25% of the market. The second-largest online advertising spender was the consumer goods sector, which increased its spend by 11%, while media and entertainment advertising grew 17%.
The increase in online advertising is in stark contrast to the overall UK advertising market, which fell 3.4% as the media downturn severely hit adspend in the second half of last year.
The research shows that online advertising was boosted by a particularly strong first half, which saw online advertising grow an average of 52%. This figure fell to just 15% in August and declined by 6% in November.
The research predicts an increase in online advertising from the automotive sector and the consumer packaged goods sector in 2002.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Join the flagship Agency team at Blue Skies, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Manager collectivo Up to £26,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Head of Data Analytics - Top Publisher Digital Gurus £90000 - £120000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)