Visitors to travel sites swell in Europe
LONDON - European visitors to travel websites have increased by almost 4m over the last six months, according to the latest figures from internet research firm Jupiter MMXI.
In the six months from November 2000 to April 2001, the number of visitors increased by nearly 1m in each of the three biggest markets -- France, Germany and the UK. More than 4m UK users visited travel sites in the last six months.
Europeans visit travel sites not only to find cheap deals, but to research their holidays in advance, according to Jupiter MMXI. In the UK and Germany, visits peak in July, January and February. In France, the peaks are in July and March.
During these peaks, visitors spend more time on travel sites than other popular categories such as retail and news and information sites. Travel sites have been popular with European home users since Jupiter began measuring internet behaviour in 1999.
In the UK, Easyjet.com, Britishairways.com, Railtrack.co.uk and Thetrainline.com are consistently in the top 10 travel sites, with Ebookers.com, Expedia.co.uk, Lastminute.com and Thomascook.co.uk also holding strong positions. Lastminute.com is the only site to appear in the top 10 in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Sweden.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london