Max Clifford loses court battle
LONDON - Mandy Allwood, who became famous when she miscarried octuplets in 1996, has won her High Court action against publicist Max Clifford.
In 1996, Clifford brokered a £50,000 deal between Allwood and the News of the World.
According to Allwood, Clifford went on to negotiate a separate £15,000 deal for himself. Allwood sued Clifford, claiming that he had secretly profited from her story.
Judge Justice Park ruled that her claim had succeeded to the total of £15,200, but he also upheld a counter claim against Allwood for £4,970 in unpaid fees.
Allwood had originally claimed for hundreds of thousands of pounds when she first brought the action in 1997, but her claim was limited to £16,000 in pre-trial hearings.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London