Max Clifford loses court battle
LONDON - Mandy Allwood, who became famous when she miscarried octuplets in 1996, has won her High Court action against publicist Max Clifford.
In 1996, Clifford brokered a £50,000 deal between Allwood and the News of the World.
According to Allwood, Clifford went on to negotiate a separate £15,000 deal for himself. Allwood sued Clifford, claiming that he had secretly profited from her story.
Judge Justice Park ruled that her claim had succeeded to the total of £15,200, but he also upheld a counter claim against Allwood for £4,970 in unpaid fees.
Allwood had originally claimed for hundreds of thousands of pounds when she first brought the action in 1997, but her claim was limited to £16,000 in pre-trial hearings.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager - Retail Branding & Interiors Royds Raphael £40K - £50K, London