Reed in talks to buy Vivendi magazines
LONDON - Reed Elsevier, the Anglo-Dutch publishing group, is in talks with Vivendi Universal to buy a number of property and construction titles.
The sell-off by the Franco-American group includes the Builder Group, which publishes Property Week and The Builder. Property Week is a rival to Reed's Estates Gazette.
Other titles being sold include Le Moniteur, the largest weekly magazine for the construction industry in France, and the Barbour Index, which provides specialist information to the construction industry.
Other possible UK bidders for the titles include Emap, which owns Construction News, Architects' Journal, and New Civil Engineer among other titles.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London