Reed in talks to buy Vivendi magazines
LONDON - Reed Elsevier, the Anglo-Dutch publishing group, is in talks with Vivendi Universal to buy a number of property and construction titles.
The sell-off by the Franco-American group includes the Builder Group, which publishes Property Week and The Builder. Property Week is a rival to Reed's Estates Gazette.
Other titles being sold include Le Moniteur, the largest weekly magazine for the construction industry in France, and the Barbour Index, which provides specialist information to the construction industry.
Other possible UK bidders for the titles include Emap, which owns Construction News, Architects' Journal, and New Civil Engineer among other titles.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Head Of Brand And Comms Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Agency Group Head - £60 - £70K plus comms (Mobile) Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum + comms and benefits, London
- Digital Direct Response Account Executive - Media Agency Silverdrum up to £28,000 + benefits, London
- Data Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 + benefits, London