JCDecaux signs £100m five-year advertising deal with Unilever
LONDON - Outdoor advertising group JCDecaux International has signed a five-year €100m (£61.2m) pan-European outdoor advertising agreement with consumer goods giant Unilever.
The deal will see Unilever brands, such as Cif, Domestos and PG Tips, advertised across JCDecaux's outdoor advertising networks in 22 European countries.
The efforts will be focused particularly on building brand awareness of Unilever products in emerging markets, the companies said in a statement.
Alan Rutherford, Unilever worldwide head of media, said: "As a communication channel, outdoor is becoming increasingly important in helping Unilever connect with its consumers. As a key partner, JCDecaux offers us access to a quality outdoor solution in Europe."
The deal will be handled by Unilever UK media manager Edwin Sharpe, alongside media managers from Unilever's other European territories. The JCDecaux side of the partnership will be run by Xavier Dupre, managing director of JCDecaux One Stop Shop, based in London.
Jean-Francois Decaux said: "I hope that this alliance will pave the way for a global partnership as JCDecaux expands in the US and Asia Pacific regions."
On the back of the deal, the Paris-based outdoor advertising firm's stock was given an upgrade this morning to "buy" by investment bank UBS Warburg and had its target price raised to €16.25.
However, rather than boosting the company's share price, the news nudged JCDecaux down 0.38% to €13.15 on the Paris Euronext this morning.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London